I don't mind the thought of providing control to the OSRS team.

Posted by Skyzhay 
I don't mind the thought of providing control to the OSRS team.
September 23, 2021 08:26PM
The VLS inclusion is a recent OSRS GP and clear example of the: Jagex poll several minor PvP changes/updates that don't pass and don't believe the community are pretty currently evaluating the material on merit. This implies Jagex take that PvP buffs/content will not ever pass surveys or perform them anyhow. Polls either need to become a) pitched to people who actively engage in or understand that the appropriate content( b) taken as powerful advisement rather than gospel( c) lower threshold, or d) simply earn more integrity adjustments.

This is 100% true for every single game's player base. While sometimes a developer has missed something significant and players can assist them--because it's the players that play Runescape--that the participant base often makes quite dumb decisions because they don't actually spend much time thinking about what a change might do, they do not have some development experience, and they're often quite self-interested. In the case of OSRS, the gamers have completely vetoed bad thoughts multiple occasions before, but they also have vetoed great ideas, and the absolute dumbest ideas generally aren't the items that make polled, they are the things which get indicated and upvoted right on the subreddit.

I feel that way. But I don't mind the thought of providing control to the OSRS team. Because apart from PvP stuff, and updates dividing like a ability that is brand new. I feel like that they have a good deal of freedom to design content anyway. It isn't like everything they poll gets down taken. Like if they polled DT2, menaphos and raids it would pass without it even being close. Sounds like more of a motive to keep the polling system to me. Will pass. The updates that a good part of the player base dislike will not pass.

Another aspect to consider is just because something neglects a survey does not mean that they repoll it afterwards and can't rework it. What's great about situations like that is they will find a lot of feedback from gamers and adjust the material before adding it to Runescape. As someone said though, then a group of gamers will be marginalized for wanting another skill or for being Pkers. Eventually they will get jaded and depart Runescape, which I'm convinced Jagex does not want. I voted for the poll system but with voting towards those groups getting power and Jagex that actively participate in it. As somebody and a pker who enjoys pvp I think that is my only option.

Feedback is important. There are old school rs gold many instances of the OSRS team pitching an upgrade and the community essentially responding like"woah woah woah continue, did you consider this ___". Turns out jagex did not consider said thing, and the upgrade was better due to the neighborhood feedback (or would not have been great w/o it). These are long term jmods which are enjoyed by the general and community understand their stuff/produce upgrades that are very good. They're still human and can't understand everything. If the same upgrade were to take place in RS3, it would have gone without the chance of opinions, or simply ignored (though we've had instances of ignored comments in OSRS, see prif/crystal armour and bh2) along with the upgrade would've stayed bad/dead/broken on birth. So feedback and them engaging and acting on feedback is essential to OSRS.Maybe they could introduce utensils kind of like the iron spit in Runescape game, tie it into smithing. Hell, let us get a grill or BBQ going. It could be a fantastic incentive to some really use. A balance to it might be a burn chance. The food food for pvp would be balancing. Completely agree. I believe like most abilities have various routes you can choose (slow and cheap, expensive and fast) and a variety of methods. Runecrafting is stagnate the xp rates are shithouse and never increase as you go high in levels. Bloods are afk but nevertheless demotivating to even get to 77 and many simply cease at.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.