Hill climb racing tips and review

Posted by amandawallers 
Hill climb racing tips and review
April 11, 2019 10:29PM
In Hill Climb Racing we have several vehicles and several stages. Different vehicles have different performances on the same stage, and I'd like to know what are the best combinations to maximize distance in each stage.
Countryside
Most vehicles can go great here. Once you hit 2000 miles, there are a couple of hills that are very tricky, and one in particular that is very hard to not break your neck when you land.

Dune Buggy 2223 miles
Monster Truck 2156 miles
Jeep 2154 miles
Xmas
The trees don't really get in the way here. I don't have much fun with this stage, so I haven't put much time into it. Gas becomes the limiting factor.

Tank 3073 miles
Dune Buggy 2590 miles
Truck 1921 miles
Desert
Traction is key for this one.

Monster Truck 3638 miles
Tank 3051 miles
Truck 2872 miles
Arctic
Again traction is the main concern. The hill at ~2340 miles stops most vehicles that get that far.

Dune Buggy 3219 miles
Snow Mobile 2563 miles
Quad Bike 2431 miles
Highway
This one's all about gas. The distance between gas cans goes up about 50 miles each time you get to one, so watch your distance and try to figure out when the next one is coming up so that you don't jump over it. Any vehicle without a gas upgrade will need to hit every gas after about 1400 miles.

Kiddie Express 18028 miles
Truck 14678 miles
Super Diesel 9047 miles
Racecar 32037 miles. Requires nigh perfect runs
Cave
Slower/shorter vehicles do well here because they are easier to keep from flying over jumps. Eventually traction and speed to get up some hills become an issue, at which point you have to get real good at letting off the gas early and cresting the hills.

Dune Buggy 2876 miles
Rally Car 2431 miles
Jeep 2369 miles
Moon
This one is just really hard to get distance on - the second one wheel gets off the ground you are starting to flip. Tank does consistently well because of its tracks.

Tank 1253 miles
Monster Truck 1111 miles
Rally Car 1090 miles
Mars
A combination of cave and moon. Timing when you let off the gas becomes even more critical than in cave. Take your time.

Jeep 1586 miles
Tank 1562 miles
Quad Bike 1446 miles
Alien Planet
The slick surface means that very early in the level you need a running start for most hills. If you jump off a hill and land on the up slope of another, you have to back down and start over. Better to gently crest the hill, ride down the other side and pick up speed for the next. There's a hill at ~1150m that stops most vehicles.

Snowmobile 2351 miles
Jeep 1313 miles
Race Car 1257 miles
Arctic Cave
Like a slicker version of cave.

Dune Buggy 1910 miles
Hovercraft 1235 miles
Snow Mobile 1159 miles
Forest
It takes power and traction to push through the trees. I don't enjoy this one very much so I haven't put in much time. The Hippie Van is not affected by the trees, but it still does not seem as effective as the 3 below.

Tank 1727 miles
Dune Buggy 1602 miles
Monster Truck 1563 miles
Mountain
The Mountain stage works best with vehicles that are good at making short, steep climbs, and are resilient to flipping. The treads on the tank also handle the large number of sharp points very well, when other vehicles get stuck with a tire on either side of the point.

Tank 2114 miles
Dune Buggy 1884 miles
Hovercraft 1434 miles
Mudpool
Performance seems to diminish as you get muddy in this one, so try to jump as much mud as you can. Traction up hills becomes the biggest issue. The hovercraft will skim the surface of the liquid, which is handy.

Dune Buggy 2266 miles
Big Finger 2142 miles
Tank 2023 miles
Volcano
Jumping the fire becomes pretty important when gas gets scarce. Again, the hovercraft will skim the surface of the liquid, which means you will never have extended fires.

Tank 2958 miles
Rally Car 2177 miles
Monster Truck 2071 miles
Beach
This one's actually really straightforward. The dunes provide nice traction heading up the hills.

Truck 12338 miles
Tank 5694 miles
Dune Buggy 4357 miles
Roller Coaster
The key is a vehicle that can get up the very steep inclines - vehicles with down force like the Dragster, Race Car, or Rally Car are all effective.

Dragster 3991 miles
Race Car 2652 miles
Rally Car 1562 miles
I have not put as much time into the following tracks.

Night
The rolling hills and scarcity of gas make this track similar to Highway. However, traction is not as good.

Tank 4424 miles
Tractor 2877 miles
Monster Truck 2355 miles
Rooftops
The key to this stage is not to hit all the ramps with speed. The very flat ones, like the first few wooden ramps, are safe, as are the dark ones at the edges of the rooftops. Any other higher ramps are liable to land you in between rooftops if you hit them with speed. Unfortunately you do not get lots of air for falling down the holes!

Monster Truck 2763 miles
Jeep 2666 miles
Motocross Bike 2651 miles
Junkyard
There doesn't seem to be much of a trick to this one. Another "traction and gas" track.

Tank 2746 miles
Super Diesel 2455 miles
?
Construction
The swinging beams make this one tricky. The best strategy is probably to travel slowly to see how the beam is supported and work from there.

Big Finger 1964 miles
Tank 1584 miles
Quad Bike 1564 miles
Rainbow
This is a tough course. You just have to spend a good bit of time figuring out which jumps to take at which speeds.

Rally Car 2776
Truck 1775 miles
Quad Bike 1507 miles
Haunted
This was a pretty boring course, I only went through it a couple of times.

Tank 4684 miles
Big Finger 2316 miles
?
Northpole
Also pretty boring. The presents can get annoying. I imagine tank and truck would fare well, possibly also snow mobile. Update: BF is good here. Earned 10m+ coins going from level 45 to 62 in one go.

Big Finger 16040 miles (level 64)
Dune Buggy 6291 miles
Sleigh 2108 miles
The key to this stage is not to hit all the ramps with speed. The very flat ones, like the first few wooden ramps, are safe, as are the dark ones at the edges of the rooftops. Any other higher ramps are liable to land you in between rooftops if you hit them with speed. Unfortunately you do not get lots of air for falling down the holes!

1. Monster Truck 2763m
2. Jeep 2666m
3. Motocross Bike 2651m

Junkyard

There doesn't seem to be much of a trick to this one. Another "traction and gas" track.

1. Tank 2746m
2. Super Diesel 4x4 2455m
3. ?

Construction

The swinging beams make this one tricky. The best stratergy is probably to travel slowly to see how the beam is suported and work from there.

1. Big Finger 1964m
2. Tank 1584m
3. Quad Bike 1564m

Rainbow

This is a tough course. You just have to spend a good bit of time figuring out which jumps to take at which speeds.

1. Rally Car 2776m
2. Truck 1775m
3. Quad Bike 1507m

Haunted

This was a pretty boring course, I only went through it a couple of times.

1. Tank 4684m
2. Big Finger 2316m
3. ?

Northpole

Also pretty boring. The presents can get annoying. I imagine tank and truck would fare well, possibly also snow mobile. Update: BF is good here. Earned 10m+ coins going from level 45 to 62 in one go.

1. Big Finger 16040m (level 64)
2. Dune Buggy 6291m
3. Sleigh 2108m
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.