What a disappointment

Posted by Raenarill01 
What a disappointment
August 07, 2013 02:03PM
So I found this website today, and liked the idea of it, I have a lot of experience on Path of Exile and was going to share a build I came up with a while ago. I made the entire guide, and meticulously spell checked, and provided good content to it such as levelling guides and gear. Even provided a quick video, go to create the guide on the website using the create guide button, only to find out i was automatically logged out and was required to log back in, log back in, and my whole guide wasn't there. Great system guys, I don't know if i'm going to remake it, I highly doubt it, just thought I'd post this here if this is a bug/to any future guide writers.
Peace~
Re: What a disappointment
August 07, 2013 02:52PM
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Your login session will timeout after 2 hours of inactivity. This means that if you do not physically browse to any other page in the span of 2 hours, you will be logged out automatically. In order to circumvent this, you could open the site in a new tab periodically to reset the timeout back to 2 hours. I know this isn't the most elegant solution, but it is necessary for security purposes.

I know it's not much compensation, but I have upgraded your account to "Pro Status" which will remove the ads from the site and unlock a few features. I will also think of a way to get around this timeout issue in the future - possibly by just extending the timeout limit.
August 07, 2013 03:58PM
I was a bit surprised to find that I had a reply so quickly, thank you for the reply and the generosity of giving me the pro status. I have decided to re-write the guide, to circumvent this current problem I'm going to type it all up in a document on my computer first before uploading it. Anyway, thanks again for the reply, I'll see if I can get all the original content back down from my first type up tongue sticking out smiley Anyway, I'm no web developer, but I think a way to get around this problem is to do something similar to what the Path of Exile passive skill tree does, generate a unique link as you put stuff in, sort of like saving what you have typed so that if you do get auto logged out, you can hit the back button to grab all your data you had already typed in. I know this has also worked for sites where when you register and don't put in all the fields correctly, like the Captcha letters or something, it'll bring you back to the register page with the data you previously put in still there.
August 19, 2013 02:28AM
The best thing he could do is saving draft versions of builds as the person makes changes.

Other than that, I was just browsing the site, good job Vertraag, thanks for your efforts. Even tough I'm not a person that search builds, considering easy navigation etc, I'm sure our community will benefit from your site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.